Business Beyond the Balance Sheet Podcast
Episode 3: Success, Failure, and What to Make of Them
Listen in on the conversation with Dawnette Palmore, the CEO of Proverbs Financial Coaching, and your host Cedric Campbell, Principal Broker of Equity123 Lending.
- Learn secrets to starting your business, tips that Dawnette Palmore wishes she knew when starting.
- Doing what’s right for you can benefit not only you, but your life and business.
- Managing priorities is always tough, transitioning from a stay-at-home mother to business entrepreneur was a challenging time for Dawnette.
- Giving back to your community is invaluable. Not only does it help provide you with a sense of accomplishment but also allows you to become a household name within your community.
- Joining organizations is a great way to network and also get support throughout your entrepreneurial journey.
- Meaning and purpose to your work is key, getting into a field you’re passionate about will make the journey so much easier.
- Life throws us curveballs and we can’t predict everything that’ll happen. Having multiple streams of income can help negate “valleys” or “troughs” in your earnings.
- Moving forward isn’t always easy. Sometimes you will have to talk about, and hear things, that you may not like. Facing your finances is the first step to making a plan.
- There are ways to identify if you are struggling: embarrassment, not sure of your own financial position, over stressed, increase in debt. These symptoms can be a sign to take a dive into your finances and see where it is going.
- Discovering what is important to you can help you manage your money. Understanding what you are earning for, what you are working towards, and seeing where money is being spent can help you visualise the path ahead.
About the Podcast:
Business Beyond The Balance Sheet with Cedric Campbell, Principal of Equity123 Lending lets you look through the lens of business leaders, entrepreneurs, and business owners to get an idea about how they approach the business world. You'll learn about insightful business practices they've learned over the years, best practices to help you avoid pitfalls, and ways you can improve your own market opportunities.